What makes this dish is the added extras from sweet fruit to assorted chopped veggies. The added flavor is backed by visual appeal. And, if you don't have any smoked chicken or turkey on hand feel free to substitute with broiled, baked, grilled, etc!
Loaded Smoked Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked & cooled smoked chicken, more if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, fine chopped
- 2 stalks celery, fine chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots fine chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 plus cup mayo, add to your desired amount
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- Salt and pepper
Pull, chop or dice the chicken and mix with the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill before serving.