Mizzou Football Details:
School Name: University of Missouri
Association: SEC - South Eastern Conference
City / State: Columbia, Missouri
Stadium Name: Faurot Field
First Year: Built in 1926
Surface: Field Tuff
Mascot: Truman the Tiger - After President Truman
Battlecry: Lets Go Cats
Team Colors: Black and Gold
Official Athletic Website:
Official TailgateRules:Click Here
University Rules permit the use of alcoholic beverages at tailgate parties or picnic activities at NCAA intercollegiate athletic events only on the day of the event and in the general proximity of the event, including outdoor locations or in outdoor parking areas. In accordance with the alcoholic beverage laws of the State of Missouri, individuals must be at least 21 years old to purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages. The use of alcoholic beverages by members of the University of Missouri community is at all times subject to the alcoholic beverage laws of the State of Missouri.
Individuals, groups and organizations holding or participating in tailgate parties are responsible for their own conduct, and are expected to respect the rights of other and the entire University community.
Official TailgateRules:Click Here
Tailgate Traditions: Truman Tiger Walk.
Stadium: The stadium was originally built in 1926 and has been renovated several times since. The last major renovation took place in 2012. The stadium has been expanded several times as well.
- Expanded 1949-1950, 1961-1963, 1971, 1978, 1996, 2003, 2009.
- Major recent renovations - 1978, 2003, 2012
- Horseshoe style stadium with general admission seating in "open" endzone.
- MIZ-ZOU Chant - The "M-I-Z," "Z-O-U," chant came about in the 1970s. After a game against Ohio State, famous for its "O-H," "I-O," the chant was adadpted for Missouri. Today the chant is led by the "Big MO" drum (the worlds largest marching bass drum). The student section yells out "M-I-Z" and the alumni section responds "Z-O-U". An unwritten tradition is for upper class-men to throw objects at new students who do not understand the simple organization of the chant.
- Gold Rush - Traditionally, all fans were encouraged to wear gold to one game a season, which was known as the Gold Rush game. The atmosphere of the 2007 Gold Rush game against the Nebraska Cornhuskers was so successful that Coach Pinkel and the Athletic Department requested that all fans wear only gold shirts to all remaining games except during the black-out game (traditionally the final home game of the year). This has been met with general success and has been embraced by fans. Following the 2007 season, the first home game of the season has been designated as the Gold Rush Kickoff game, and fans wear gold to all remaining home games with the exception of the black-out game. The sea of gold in the stands has become an identity of Faurot Field
- Gameday Notes: To come
- Favorite Foods: To come
- Must See, Must Do: to come
- Traffic: To come
SEC Modification to Stadium
In 2012, Athletic Director Mike Alden announced a $1.5 million modification plan for Faurot Field in anticipation of increased game attendance in the SEC. Alden also plans for a majority of the games to be sell outs.
- New Field Turf with a Larger Tiger logo at midfield.
- SEC conference logos.
- "M-I-Z-Z-O-U" endzone diamonds instead of "Missouri"
- New Touchdown Terrace Seating which will increase capacity.
- Increased visiting team ticket allotment from 3,800 to 6,000.
- No stadium re-entry.
- Moving Marching Mizzou from behind the end zone to the southeast corner of the stadium.
- Increased ticket pricing.
- Repaved and new parking lots for tailgating
All logos property of their owners. Used for media use only. *Majority of information is from the official website.