As always you can tweak this recipe as you wish and enjoy some classic tasting whiskey holiday balls from the Scenic City otherwise known as Tennessee Whiskey.
Kent's Tennessee Chattanooga Whiskey Chocolate Bons
2 cups crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
2 cups finely chopped almonds (unsalted)
2 cup confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Tennessee Whiskey
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoons light corn syrup
Addition water as needed.
Melting Candy Chocolate.
- Thoroughly combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped almonds, confectioners' sugar, and the cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, blend the Chattanooga Whiskey, water and corn syrup.
- Stir this mixture into the dry mix and blend well.
- Cover and chill for two hours.
- Follow directions on chocolate coating. Melt in small to medium portions so you don't have to work too fast.
- Shape dough into small balls and dip or coat in the chocolate coating.
- Rest on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and chill to set chocolate.
You may need to ad a few drops of water as you go when forming the balls. Eat and enjoy!