It's National Cookie Day! So, why not go with a classic Christmas and Holiday cookie recipe! The Hershey's Christmas Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie is easy to make, perfect for kids to help with, and you can't beat eating a few of these tasty cookies. Simply put - Try this classic cookie recipe from Hershey's!
Makes 4 dozen
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Makes About 4 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information from Hersheys
per serving (1 cookie):
Calories: 90, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 75mg,
Total Carbohydrate: 10g, Dietary Fiber: less than 1g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 0%DV*,
Vitamin C: 0%DV*, Calcium: 0%DV*, Iron: 2%DV*
*%DV= %Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet
Photo and recipe via Hershey